Franklin Templeton announced today they welcome the EU’s Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulation (SFDR) coming into effect today, following the start of a successful phased approach integrating their funds into the new ESG framework.
Julian Ide, Head of EMEA distribution, Franklin Templeton, commented, “We want to become sustainability leaders in the industry.”
As of March 10th, nearly all (160) Franklin Templeton and Legg Mason funds have integrated sustainability risk considerations into the investment process.
This is phase 1 and brings those 160 funds in line with Article 6 of the SFDR, which compels funds to integrate considerations of sustainability risks into a funds approach.
Phase 2 of Franklin Templeton plan will actively work towards broadening the list of funds disclosed as compliant with Article 8 and Article 9 of the SFDR.
Under the new Regulation, Article 8 products are classified as those, which have binding environmental and social characteristics, whilst Article 9 products have a specific sustainable investment objective.
Ide, commented, “We believe the implementation of SFDR will be a game changer and will transform the playing field for the financial services industry.”
Franklin Templeton currently has 21 funds disclosed as Article 8 funds, and 5 strategies compliant with Article 8.
You can see them here;
Franklin Templeton and Legg Mason Disclosed as Article 8 Funds
1. FTIF Franklin Euro Government Bond Fund
2. FTIF Franklin Euro Short Duration Bond Fund
3. FTIF Franklin European Total Return Fund
4. FTAF Franklin K2 Electron Global UCITS Fund
5. Franklin Liberty Euro Short Maturity UCITS ETF
6. Franklin LibertyQ Global Equity SRI UCITS ETF
7. FTIF Templeton Emerging Markets Sustainability Fund
8. FTIF Templeton Global Bond (Euro) Fund
9. FTIF Templeton Global Bond Fund
10. FTSIF Templeton Global Bond Plus SIF
11. Legg Mason Brandywine Global Income Optimiser Fund
12. Legg Mason ClearBridge US Aggressive Growth Fund
13. Legg Mason ClearBridge US Appreciation Fund
14. Legg Mason ClearBridge Large Cap Growth Fund
15. Legg Mason ClearBridge Global Growth Fund
16. Legg Mason ClearBridge US Equity Sustainability Leaders Fund
17. Legg Mason ClearBridge Value Fund
18. Legg Mason ClearBridge Infrastructure Value Fund
19. Legg Mason Martin Currie Asia Pacific ex Japan Real Income Fund
20. Legg Mason Martin Currie Asia Long Term Unconstrained Fund
21. Legg Mason Martin Currie European Unconstrained Fund
22. Legg Mason Martin Currie European Absolute Alpha Fund
23. Legg Mason Martin Currie Global Emerging Markets Fund
24. Legg Mason Martin Currie Global Long Term Unconstrained Fund
Franklin Templeton and Legg Mason Disclosed as Article 9 Funds
1. Franklin Liberty Euro Green Bond UCITS ETF
2. Franklin S&P 500 Paris Aligned Climate UCITS ETF
3. Franklin STOXX Europe 600 Paris Aligned Climate UCITS ETF
4. Franklin Templeton Social Infrastructure Fund S.C.A. SICAV-SIF
5. FTIF Templeton Global Climate Change Fund